Therapeutic Relationships in Occupational Therapy

As an occupational therapist its important to make connections with your clients to have a better understanding of what they are going through. You can do so by establishing a therapeutic relationship.  A therapeutic relationship is the interaction between the therapist and the client. Building a sense of trust between you and the client is what I see as most important. I believe I will succeed at this by letting them know that I truly care about them and their well being. I will do this by not only my words but my actions. Showing empathy by putting my self in their shoes will give me a better understanding of what they are going through and allow me to connect with them and gain their trust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1950’s-Today

Locus of Control

Growing Independence - Media Project