Growing Independence - Media Project


I have gained so much from the Neuro Aspects of Occupational Performance course. It has been one of my favorite courses thus far. The media project was meaningful for many reasons. One reason I found this assignment significant was because it required me to think outside the box. It required me to be creative and unique. Secondly, it gave me the opportunity to do what an occupational therapist does. Lastly, I was able to apply what I have learned in class. I have learned that intervention is most effective through meaningful and engaging activities. After reading my client’s case study I had to use my creativity to come up with an activity that matched her values, interests so it would be meaningful to her.  

Throughout this project I learned that with creativity you can turn anything into something useful and valuable. I realized that fancy equipment and expensive materials isn’t always necessary for a productive intervention. We can often find things around that house that have many uses other than what it is intended for.
As occupational therapist, we will put in situations where we will have to think outside of the box often. In the future, there may be times where I am in a setting that doesn’t have therapy equipment. Therefore, I must be quick and creative on the spot! Through this assignment I have learned that we have to make use of what we have available to us.  In the future, I will be able to look at what’s important and valuable to my client and be able to make a meaningful intervention no matter what material I have available. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1950’s-Today

Locus of Control