Biomechanics Blog #1

An action that is part of my daily routine is tying my shoes. When I tie my shoes, my trunk is sitting in a chair and my foot is flat on the floor. My knees are flexed a 90-degree angle. When I go to tie my shoes, I flex my hip to bring my foot closer to my hands. The flexion of the hips would occur in the sagittal plane about the frontal axis. The osteokinemaics of the hip is open kinematic chain because the proximal portion is fixed (trunk) while the distal portion is moving (femur).  The Arthrokinematics, is the femur is the convex segment rolling superiorly and gliding inferiorly on the concave acetabulum. The prime mover for the hip flexion is the iliopsoas, which performs a concentric contraction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1950’s-Today

Locus of Control

Growing Independence - Media Project