Health Promotion-Knowledge Check

Professor Flick discussed health promotion and how it relates to the field of occupational therapy and the AOTA Vision 2025.  As health care providers, we need to make sure the quality of our care is great and the satisfaction of our clients are met which will improve the clients experience. We should also be improving the health of all different populations as well as knowing the systems and the levels that could collaborate and integrate to reduce the per capita cost of health care. These are all a part of the Triple Aim which is how we as health care providers will improve health care. 

I loved this topic about health care promotion. My undergraduate degree was exercise science and I absolutely loved every aspect of helping individuals learn how to live a healthy lifestyle. I feel like this topic related to the background knowledge I have and how I, as an OT practitioner, can use all the knowledge I’ve gained to promote health and well-being in my community. I learned that as an OT practitioner I can perform assessments for health risks and teach strategies to incorporate healthy habits and routines into daily activities. I thought it was cool to see the overlap and how as an OT, I can use my knowledge of context and environment to identify solutions to barriers that may limit clients from engaging in healthy activities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1950’s-Today

Locus of Control

Growing Independence - Media Project